Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cold Hands pg9

Sorry for the late post this week. Normally, I'm coloring another "Cold Hands" page first thing on Sundays, but this past weekend, I was out of the country for the Toronto Comic-Con. I've been to Toronto once before (last year) and the city was so great, my guy and I had to go again. More of what that particular convention is like will be discussed on episode 106 of our podcast, later on this evening.

As to the rest of our trip, Toronto has some really great restaurants. One of our absolute favorites is Cafe Crepe. The Toffee Coffee was delicious and didn't agitate my stomach the way many other coffees can and their Parisian Hot dog was like no hot dog I've ever had before. We had eaten dinner at the Burger Bar. My meal, the Cowboy Supper rice bowl, was tasty. I wanted something without too much fat and grease (and flavor) because I wasn't feeling so good (Partly from our stiff bed and the cold weather). The burger my guy had, on the other hand... well... considering it's a burger joint, you would think their burgers would be the best thing they had to offer. The waitress got his order wrong. He asked for cheddar cheese and he got bleu. He asked for fries and she completely forgot them when she brought the rest of our meal. When she did bring them, they were soggy and the sauce was inedible. So, we went back to the Cafe Crepe which is where we had a sort of second dinner and brings my tale 'round about. Even though I was full after having my rice bowl, and finishing half of my hot dog, I ate it all and my coffee because it was just that good.

Another good place to eat at is the BeerBistro. I'm not particular to beers but I heard the food was good and my guy likes to drink beer. On recommendation from the bartender, I did have one glass of beer and I'm a little upset because I didn't quite catch the name of it and it was the best beer I've ever had. So of course, the one beer I like, I probably won't be able to find again. It was peach flavored and that's all that I can remember. Ah, well. We sat right next to the kitchen, over-looking the chef, which was a cool experience. The overall atmosphere was really nice. The best item we tried had to be the Spicy Kobe Beef Tacos.

It's funny. If we weren't at the convention or the comic book store, The Silver Snail, we were some place, eating. I had thought about visiting the LYS, The Lettuce Knit, but I didn't really want to buy anything, just browse. If I did browse, I would've bought something. I figure it's best this way. I'm not that fond of browsing stores because I'm indecisive at times and take forever to pick something I like.

All in all, Toronto is a great place to visit, but I would never live there. Too dang cold. People on the street were talking about how nice the weather was and how it felt like Spring. It was too dang cold.



Page 9 is based on the rough sketch that turned in to this illustration.
:)

No comments: