Monday, December 27, 2010

Things I Like 03


Playing video games.

Watercolors and ink. Original size is 2.5"x3.5"

Now mind you, I never in a million years thought I would like any kind of fighting game. The last fighting game I ever played was Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis, and man, was I bad at it. I'm still terrible, which is why I stick to games like MarioKart, Lego Harry Potter or RockBand. But, my fiance recently purchased the SNK Classic Arcade Vol. 1. It's actually been a lot of fun. I think my favorites to play include Metal Slug (a run and shoot game) and King of Fighters '94. NEO Turf Masters has been quite addicting, too. It's certainly no Wii Sports: Golf, but it has it's charm. I love the expressions the characters have when they get below a Par. They are so upset, it's funny.

I must limit my time with these games, though, especially the fighting ones or I'll get the all-dreaded "gamer's thumb." I like my hands too much to get calluses on them.

No comments: