Tuesday, October 18, 2011

O.Pelaez

This past weekend, I went to New York Comic Con. I had a really great time. For a fuller review, you can visit my podcast's website.

*drum roll, please*

...




Today is finally the day I get to change my Etsy shop name. Previously, I had been using a username for the shop that I use on a bunch of art sites. I thought that was a really good idea for maybe two minutes (okay, I'm exaggerating a bit) but the point is I didn't like it after a while. It was a name that I threw together from something I heard on t.v. It wasn't me. It wasn't my brand.

After waiting patiently all morning for the Etsy admins to give everyone the green light, it's now changed. I decided to make a new banner, too, to mark the occasion.



I think the cat better represents my shop compared to the knitting needles. There's still an element of knitting in the banner, though. I don't think I could ever get rid of it. The background is an abstraction of a knit one, purl one ribbing.

When I went to New York for comic con, I also stopped by one of my favorite yarn shops: School Products. I bought three skeins of their beautiful lace weight merino yarn. I'm finishing up a lace shawl, a Laminaria from knitty.com, and after that, I plan to knit a cardigan with my new yarn. Gosh, I love getting new yarn.

I have two new comic projects lined up to work on and a couple of projects being sent to publishers.
I have 98 hearts on my Etsy shop. When I reach 100, I'm going to be throwing another giveaway. I'll pick two winners this time. The first will win an original ACEO and the second will win a print of my "Ocelot" painting that you can find for sale in my shop.

Here is a detail of my ocelot.


And here is my clue as to what the original ACEO painting will be: she is a princess

 :)

-O.Pelaez

No comments: